Skip to main content

All verses with chara in the New Testament


The Gospel usage of the word chara:


  • Mat 2:10 KJV - When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great chara.
  • Mat 13:20 KJV - But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with chara receiveth it;
  • Mat 13:44 KJV - Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found , he hideth , and for chara thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath , and buyeth that field.
  • Mat 25:21 KJV -  His lord said unto him, Well done, [thou] good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the chara of thy lord.
  • Mat 25:23 KJV - His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the chara of thy lord.
  • Mat 28:8 KJV - And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great chara; and did run to bring his disciples word .
  • Mar 4:16 KJV - And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with chara;
  • Luk 1:14 KJV - And thou shalt have chara and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
  • Luk 2:10 KJV - And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold , I bring you good tidings of great chara, which shall be to all people.
  • Luk 8:13 KJV - They on the rock [are they], which, when they hear , receive the word with chara; and these have no root, which for a while believe , and in time of temptation fall away .

  • Luk 10:17 KJV - And the seventy returned again with chara, saying , Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
  • Luk 15:7 KJV - I say unto you, that likewise chara shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth , more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
  • Luk 15:10 KJV - Likewise, I say unto you, there is chara in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth .
  • Luk 24:41 KJV - And while they yet believed not for chara, and wondered , he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
  • Luk 24:52 KJV - And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great chara:
  • Jhn 3:29 KJV - He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, chara because of the bridegroom's voice: this my chara therefore is fulfilled .
  • Jhn 15:11 KJV - These things have I spoken unto you, that my chara might remain in you, and [that] your chara might be full .
  • Jhn 16:20 KJV - Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament , but the world shall rejoice : and ye shall be sorrowful , but your sorrow shall be turned into chara.
  • Jhn 16:21 KJV - A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come : but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for chara that a man is born into the world.
  • Jhn 16:22 KJV - And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice , and your chara no man taketh from you.
  • Jhn 16:24 KJV - Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask , and ye shall receive , that your chara may be full .
  • Jhn 17:13 KJV - And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my chara fulfilled in themselves.

The use of chara in the very early church:

  • Act 8:8 KJV - And there was great chara in that city.
  • Act 12:14 KJV - And when she knew Peter's voice, she opened not the gate for chara, but ran in , and told how Peter stood before the gate.
  • Act 13:52 KJV - And the disciples were filled with chara, and with the Holy Ghost.
  • Act 15:3 KJV - And being brought on their way by the church, they passed through Phenice and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles: and they caused great chara unto all the brethren.
  • Act 20:24 KJV - But none of these things move me , neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with chara, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

The use of chara in Paul's epistles:

  • Rom 14:17 KJV - For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and chara in the Holy Ghost.
  • Rom 15:13 KJV - Now the God of hope fill you with all chara and peace in believing , that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
  • Rom 15:32 KJV - That I may come unto you with chara by the will of God, and may with you be refreshed .
  • 2Cr 1:24 KJV - Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your chara: for by faith ye stand .
  • 2Cr 2:3 KJV - And I wrote this same unto you, lest, when I came , I should have sorrow from them of whom I ought to rejoice ; having confidence in you all, that my chara is [the joy] of you all.
  • 2Cr 7:4 KJV - Great [is] my boldness of speech toward you, great [is] my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding chara in all our tribulation.
  • 2Cr 7:13 KJV - Therefore we were comforted in your comfort: yea, and exceedingly the more joyed we for the chara of Titus, because his spirit was refreshed by you all.
  • 2Cr 8:2 KJV - How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their chara and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.
  • Gal 5:22 KJV - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, chara, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
  • Phl 1:4 KJV - Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with chara,
  • Phl 1:25 KJV - And having this confidence , I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and chara of faith;
  • Phl 2:2 KJV - Fulfil ye my chara, that ye be likeminded , having the same love, [being] of one accord, of one mind .
  • Phl 2:29 KJV - Receive him therefore in the Lord with all chara; and hold such in reputation:
  • Phl 4:1 KJV - Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my chara and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, [my] dearly beloved.
  • Col 1:11 KJV - Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with chara;
  • 1Th 1:6 KJV - And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with chara of the Holy Ghost:
  • 1Th 2:19 KJV - For what [is] our hope, or chara, or crown of rejoicing? [Are] not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?
  • 1Th 2:20 KJV - For ye are our glory and chara.
  • 1Th 3:9 KJV - For what thanks can we render to God again for you, for all the chara wherewith we joy for your sakes before our God;
  • 2Ti 1:4 KJV - Greatly desiring to see thee, being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with chara;

Usage of chara in other New Testament Writing:

  • Hbr 10:34 KJV - For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took chara the spoiling of your goods , knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.
  • Hbr 12:2 KJV - Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the chara that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
  • Hbr 12:11 KJV - Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be chara, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
  • Hbr 13:17 KJV - Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves : for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with chara, and not with grief : for that [is] unprofitable for you.
  • Jam 1:2 KJV - My brethren, count it all chara when ye fall into divers temptations;
  • Jam 4:9 KJV - Be afflicted , and mourn , and weep : let your laughter be turned to mourning, and [your] chara to heaviness.
  • 1Pe 1:8 KJV - Whom having not seen , ye love ; in whom, though now ye see [him] not, yet believing , ye rejoice with chara unspeakable and full of glory :
  • 1Jo 1:4 KJV - And these things write we unto you, that your chara may be full .
  • 2Jo 1:12 KJV - Having many things to write unto you, I would not [write] with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our chara may be full .
  • 3Jo 1:4 KJV - I have no greater chara than to hear that my children walk in truth.
I pray that your joy may be made complete by the meditation of your heart on these verses.  Joy to the World! The Lord has come! Let Earth receive her King!

Comments

Most Popular Posts

What does "Deep Cries Out to Deep” mean?

There is a new song that the Worship Team at Abundant Life Fellowship has been working on. As you learn this song and give Him praise through it, our prayer is that you let go of your deep and let it call out to the Deep in God.  Here is some background to the biblical roots of the song with a link to the music video done by Bethel Church at the bottom. Background for the Background: In Numbers 16 the Bible records an event in the life of a man named Korah. He was of the tribe of Levi and therefore set apart to be a member of the priesthood in Israel. He rebuked Moses, saying: " You have gone too far! The whole community is holy, every one of them, and the LORD is with them. Why then do you set yourselves above the LORD's assembly? " -Numbers 16:3   He resented Moses' and Aaron's authority, and felt that he and his supporters could lead the Israelites more effectively. Later in the chapter, the earth opens underneath him and swallows him along with the others

The Fruits of the Spirit Series

Simple Translation into English: But the fruit   of the Spirit is love,   joy, peace,   patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,   gentleness and self-control.   Against such things there is no law.   Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature   with its passions and desires.   Since we live by the Spirit,   let us keep in step with the Spirit.   - Galatians 9:22-25 In the original Greek:  But the fruit of the Spirit is agape , chara , eirene , makrothymia , chrestotes, agathosyne, pistis, praotes, and egkrateia .  Against such things there is no law. The fruit of the spirit are commonly referenced in sermons, conversation, and even children's songs.  I will be blogging a series which contains an in-depth study of each word in the original Greek with my commentary on its meaning.  In the original language of the Biblical writers there is a connotation for each word that can be lost with a simple translation.  Therefore, since these are extr

ereine = peace

Peace is a gift from God: Peace being a fruit of the spirit is interesting because the word can be used as a political term referring to entire countries or as a very personal word referring to an inner state of being.  I think that it is obvious that as a fruit of the Spirit the Bible is using this second meaning of the word peace and throughout the New Testament we can see that peace does not mean safety.  Peace does not mean that there aren't people deliberately trying to destroy you.  Many, if not all, of the writers of the New Testament were being persecuted for their beliefs and the early church was not at peace in the sense of the opposite of being at war.  However, it shows God's Spirit dwelling inside of you when you have inner peace in the middle of this type of persecution.  When you lose your job the fruit of the Spirit is still peace.  When loved ones die the fruit of the Spirit is still peace.  When people hate you and slander you saying all sorts of lies about

One Thing Remains by Jesus Culture

Why study what we sing? When I worship through music, it is very helpful to me to look into how the Bible  lines up to what I'm singing. This knowledge makes a superficial singing of the  words much more difficult for me, and I hope that sharing this will help you to  focus better on what you are singing and who you are singing to. The newest  song that we’ve sung as a congregation is “One Thing Remains,” by Jesus  Culture: The lyrics to the song: Verse 1 Higher than the mountains that I face, Stronger than the power of the grave, Constant in the trial and the change, One thing remains. Chorus Your love never fails Never gives up It never runs out on me! Your love! Verse 2 On and on and on and on it goes. It overwhelms and satisfies my soul. And I never ever have to be afraid: One thing remains. BRIDGE In death. in life I’m confident and Covered by the power of Your great love. My debt is paid there’s nothing that Can separate my heart from Your great

Prophecies of Jesus fulfilled Part 1 [Genesis]

Well here is an ambitious project.  There are hundreds of prophecies about Jesus in the Old Testament which are fulfilled in the New Testament.  My aim is to catalog them all and show where they are fulfilled.  In this first installment, I will concentrate only on the Prophecies about Jesus contained in the book of Genesis.  My hope is that this will also be a helpful reference for others when it is finished.   The prophecies are in bold followed by an outline of what the prophecy says [sometimes multiple ideas in a single verse] then the references to where it is fulfilled int he New Testament.  I have left out commentary on these passages for now and am letting the Scripture speak for itself. [All Scripture references are from the NASB translation.] -Genesis 3:15-  "And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel." He will be the seed of a woman [virgin birth].

Rich Men North of Richmond: A Christian's Perspective

Millions of people in just a few days have been listening to Oliver Anthony (Christopher Lunsford) sing passionately about the plight of blue collar America.  After coming out with his viral song "Rich Men North of Richmond," followed up by a plethora of reaction videos, providing more songs and comments himself, the news channels weighing in, the media influencers seizing the moment to get a few more clicks and ad revenue, even the politicians themselves having commented on how much they agree (it of course being the other side of the political spectrum that is being sung about...) I am left to ponder. What is the Biblical View of Rich Men North of Richmond? Here are the lyrics: I've been sellin' my soul, workin' all day / Overtime hours for bullshit pay / So I can sit out here and waste my life away / Drag back home and drown my troubles away. Pre-Chorus: It's a damn shame what the world's gotten to / For people like me and people like you / Wish I could

Ecclesiastes Part 2 The Meaning of Life

Ecclesiastes 2 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) The Meaning of Life: Part 2:  When will you be happy? ____________________  Chapter 1:12-2:11  12 I, the Teacher, when king over Israel in Jerusalem,  13 applied my mind to seek and to search out by wisdom all that is done under heaven; it is an unhappy business that God has given to human beings to be busy with.  14 I saw all the deeds that are done under the sun; and see, all is vanity and a chasing after wind.  15 What is crooked cannot be made straight, and what is lacking cannot be counted.  16 I said to myself, “I have acquired great wisdom, surpassing all who were over Jerusalem before me; and my mind has had great experience of wisdom and knowledge.”  17 And I applied my mind to know wisdom and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also is but a chasing after wind.  18 For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow.  Chapter 2  1I said to myself, “Come now, I

Logos: The Reason for the Season

Heraclitus was a Greek philosopher in the 6th century B.C.  He was the first man to use the term Logos.  In his writing, he used it to show that there is a divine reason or plan that coordinates a changing universe.  [http://www.iep.utm.edu/heraclit/] In the New Testament book of John, this word "logos" is translated into "word" however, there is a connotation that we lose in the english rendition where logos means " the reason behind the universe ."  So, I'd like to share with you my rendition of John 1:1-18 in this Christmas season, where I'm replaced each instance of logos and references to Him and He [the personal pronouns referring to the Logos] with "" the reason behind the universe. "  I hope it helps you contemplate the true reason for the season. John 1:1-18 1   In the  beginning  was  the  reason behind the universe , and the  reason behind the universe  was  with  God , and  the  reason behind the universe  was  God

Prophecies of Jesus fulfilled Part II [Exodus]

Click here to see Prophecies of Jesus fulfilled Part 1 [Genesis] Here is the second installment of prophecies in the Old Testament that have been fulfilled in Jesus Christ in the New Testament.  Please let me know in the comments what you think.  Do you like this kind of reference-series? Or would you rather have analysis and commentary? -Exodus 3:13-15- " Then Moses said to God, “Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you.’ Now they may say to me, ‘What is His name?’ What shall I say to them?”   God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”   God, furthermore, said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘ The  Lord , the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is My name forever, and this is My  memorial-name to all generations." Jesus is The Great